[coreboot] [Fwd: Re: Contact Intel]

Ralph Green rgreen at zeomega.com
Mon May 5 08:40:18 CEST 2008

Howdy,
   I don't think I am seeing the whole thread here, so I may be
commenting back to the wrong person.  I have run local elections several
times as the presiding election judge.  In Texas, that is what they call
the person who runs the election at the precinct level.  I also do not
trust most of the electronic voting systems.  There are some good
auditable ones out there, and I keep talking about those whenever I can.
  There are real benefits to the electronic systems and as long as we
can keep transparency and auditability, then I say they are a good thing.
   It is kind of like the BIOS to me.  It is not that I don't trust
Award or Phoenix, but I like to option of an open honest BIOS and I
think it will keep the others a little more honest.  I have been looking
for a good motherboard to try coreboot on and I look forward to using it.
   And for something off-topic, I tried the gNewSense 2.0 on two systems
this weekend and it failed to install where Ubuntu went on fine.  I am
trying to figure out what was missing so I can file a bug report.
Good day,
Ralph Green, Jr.