[coreboot] GRUB2 Questions

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Thu May 8 22:13:06 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 08 May 2008 13:32:11 -0400
schrieb Joe <joe at settoplinux.org>:

> Also is there any status update on GRUB2 booting UHCI?
ask, and you shall receive ;-)

http://openbios.org/~oxygene/usb/

Explanation what happens there:

Screen 1:
first, there were only a few devices: ata in various forms, and memdisk
second (an invisible step), I added the usb device (usb_add disk:img)
third, I ran lsusb, which is currently responsible for device probing

Screen 2:
I ran ls again, and yay, there are (usb0) and (usb0,1) (disk&partition)

Screen 3:
Let's see, what's on there:
(usb0,1) is of type FAT, labelled FREEDOS9RC5
It contains the various files shown above

Screen 4:
Let's take a look into autoexec.bat

I committed the code in the usb.experiment branch and merged it back to
the usb branch. See http://www.coreboot.org/viewmtn/

It very likely won't work on real hardware, because I didn't implement
all parts of the USB spec yet - notably toggle bit handling (flow
control mechanism) and error handling. Toggle bits are next, and with
that, it might work in an "error free" environment already.

Regards,
Patrick