[coreboot] [RFC] flashrom: Add feature bitfield

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 12 04:56:05 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 05:28:30PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> I'd like to introduce another field into struct flashchip: u32 flags.

The concept is completely neccessary, we have to keep track of more
and more information as memory chips become more and more complex.

I'm afraid I'm not sure about this implementation thought.
Specifically I'm hesitant about adding a new field that can not
apply to all entries - that usually means the model isn't so nice.

I think I prefer a separate database for the more complex information
that we need for the SPI chips.

//Peter