[coreboot] proposed patch, notsigned off, comments welcome.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon May 12 17:04:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Tom Sylla <tsylla at gmail.com> wrote:

> This tool is a bit useful already. Can you run it on the alix1c's
> tinybios (or whatever works best on the alix)? Do all ports of your
> USB card work on alix with that BIOS? At a minumum, you need to check
> and make sure that INTs A-D are *really* GPIOs 0, 7, 12, and 13. (and
> as Peter said, you need to verify how they are hooked up to the slot)

verified. One bit of verification is that eth0 on schematic matches up
with eth0 in the $PIR table.

i'd like to run under tinybios and will try this once I trust the
tool. or someone can run it for me -- my FLASH on the LPC died.

> I think Peter gets it, but the last piece missing from the tool is how
> the GPIOs (INTs) get mapped to the interrupts (IRQs). There are 2
> pieces of this, the GPIO mappers and the IRQ mappers. The GPIO mapper
> selects which of the 7 interrupt outputs from the GPIO block are
> mapped to a specific GPIO pin. The registers are in GPIO space,
> offsets EO, E4, and E8. After that, those 7 outputs from the GPIO
> block can be mapped onto a particular IRQ number. That happens in the
> IRQ mapper register, which is MSR address 51400023 for the GPIO
> inputs.

yes, that's the last piece to put in, I ran out of time, if anyone
wants to drop that code in I'd appreciate it.

thanks

ron