[coreboot] SimNOW V2 LAB problem

Marc Karasek Marc.Karasek at Sun.COM
Tue May 13 22:52:31 CEST 2008

Ward, et all,

I have completed the test builds on my 32 bit machine.   Tried Filo,
tint, coreinfo and LAB.  All were built with the latest coreinfo code.
The version (3092) assoc with the SimNOW platform build does not have
the lxbios in the tree and fails the checkout during the build.

What I have seen is that coreboot fails on final link with either
.ram can't be allocated in segment 0
or
.rom can't be allocated in segment 0

The only diff is the Config.lb file I used for coreboot.

I have attached both files.

One I had modified and the other is the original off a fresh checkout.
(The only change was payload.elf -> payload.elf.lzma)

Maybe I am doing something wrong  in configuring coreboot..

Tinit & Coreinfo  both crashed on linking.  Both errors were the same:
ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentaion Fault]

Marc

Marc Karasek
MTS
Sun Microsystems