[coreboot] [flashrom] unusual SST39SF020 chip

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu May 15 12:24:18 CEST 2008

Andriy Gapon wrote:

> The diff is attached.
> But it is really very ugly and hackish.
> The most noisy change is that outb has different order of arguments on
> Linux and FreeBSD.
Oh this is part is really ugly, indeed but there is not much that can be
done to make it really nice.

Why don't you use libpci from pciutils btw? It should work on FreeBSD ...

> Hmm, I see that 25 e5 is present here. So it might mean that my ported
> code didn't properly enable flash chip communication?

What's the mainboard? Maybe the mainboard protects the chip with an
additional GPIO line.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613