[coreboot] SELF

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu May 15 22:40:45 CEST 2008

On 15/05/08 14:21 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> Jordan,
>
> Did you want to specify that the entry point is always the last self_header
> in the segment table?  Your pseudo code suggests that for the streaming
> load.

Yes, that is the intention.  I should make that clearer in the description.

> Maybe name and notes should always be first too.

I don't know if thats something we want to enforce in the design
(it all sort of depends on how you parse the ELF), but I think in
pratice it would be a good idea to put that information near the front to
avoid needless walking.

I'm working on this part of the chooser right now, and so the existing
design is probably subject to change as I'm learning interesting things
about how the ELF works and how we interact with it.  I'm also trying to
think about how to configure the chooser behavior, and I think that the
payloads will need some way to communicate information to the
chooser, and it will probably come in through either NAME or NOTES or
some future combination of both.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse