[coreboot] [patch] Cleanups in Makefile for flashrom and superiotool

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:21:56 CEST 2008

2008/5/18 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:

>>> I can understand setting PREFIX, but the reason why you need to redefine
>>> CFLAGS is a mystery to me.

>> We use our custom CFLAGS.

>> -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
>> -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386
>> -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables

> And these custom CFLAGS are missing -DDISABLE_DOC in the flashrom case
> (harmful). Furthermore, they are missing $(SVNDEF) for superiotool
> (wrong, but only a nuisance).

No.

CFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386
-mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
-D'\''FLASHROM_VERSION="3332"'\'' -DDISABLE_DOC'

We provide them in form of CFLAGC=%some_predefined_part%
-D'\''FLASHROM_VERSION="3332"'\'' -DDISABLE_DOC'

So we do define FLASHROM_VERSION and DISABLE_DOC.

But, as I mentioned above, the best way to do so is to define then in
a conditional way.

>>> Will the modified install section work with a non-FSF install program as
>>> well, i.e. is it truly cross-platform?

>> No idea.

> Sorry, then that part is a no-go. We are currently preparing flashrom
> for FreeBSD compatibility and I don't want to ruin that.

OK, understood and agree with this.

Apart from install-section other things (trick with conditional defines) are OK?

--
With best regards!