[coreboot] LinuxTag presentation highlights

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon May 26 18:56:34 CEST 2008

On 26.05.2008 17:56, ron minnich wrote:
> Are you going to have a demo of Jordan's payload chooser?

Sure thing. I'd appreciate instructions (or a pointer to them) to
generate an image containing the chooser and maybe tint, coreinfo and
something else. I have a dongle handy, so 4MByte is the limit (but the
early init code has to enable 4MByte mode in the dongle). Due to
problems with my dongle, I was unable to debug RAM init on the dbe61, so
the demo will most likely be done with an Alix.1C. Precreated Alix.1C
images are appreciated as well, preferably accompanied by a source
tarball/svn tree/git tree.

> I think it would be a real eye-opener.

Indeed. Bayou really is one of the features in the coreboot universe
which are absolutely impressive to the end user and need to be presented
at technology showcase events like LinuxTag.

By the way, I plan to hand out CDs with precreated Alix.1C images ready
for flashing (512 kByte limit) and a snapshot of the associated source
trees. Do I have to print out the GPL on some extra paper if I supply
all sources on the same CD as the binaries? I have no ideological
problems doing so, but being able to avoid printing the GPL would allow
me to concentrate on useful stuff instead of spending time on logistics.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel