[coreboot] Geode LX: PLL initialization in coreboot-v2

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at amd.com
Wed May 28 00:22:28 CEST 2008

llandre wrote:
> I can't understand how the GLCP_SYS_RSTPLL register is set on DB800. The
> strapping pins of the DB800 IRQ13,PW0,SUSPA#,GNT#[2:0] are all '0' and
> PW1 is '1'. Before the PLLs are configured, I can see on the console:
> "GLCP_SYS_RSTPLL (4c000014) value is: 000003d7:00001880". The last byte
> 0x80 confirms the strapping pins settings, but the PLL multipliers are
> already set (COREMULT = 11, GLIUMULT = 7, COREDIV and GLIUDIV set, so
> CPU freq = 400MHz and memory DDR266). Where are these values set ?

The CPU comes up in bypass mode but the multipliers are set to a default
value. On the pll reset the default settings takes effect. In the
databook, look at Table 6-87. The first line shows the bypass setting
without PW1 set.

> On my hardware, when pll_reset is called, the automatic configuration is
> used. If I try to use the manual configuration (#define ManualConf 1),
> the board hangs after the CPU is reset from pll_reset.

What did you set PLLMSRhi and PLLMSRlo to? If you have PW1 set on your
platform you need to have the MBDIV and COREDIV bits set.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer