[coreboot] VGA ROM run on v2 Qemu and in legacybios

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed May 28 23:29:14 CEST 2008

I was trying to track some things down and noticed that:

1. legacybios runs the VGA ROM even though Coreboot runs it.
    I think that legacybios should only run option ROMs if it is not
running as a payload.  Otherwise the ROM gets run twice.

2. v2 doesn't run the VGA ROM for Qemu, but v3 does.  I tried putting
in the USES CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA and defining it to be 1, but it doesn't
make a difference.  I see in the log where it says it will run the
ROM, but I never see the text Plex86/Bochs ... that I see with v3.  I
know that we don't have to protect our hardware in Qemu, but maybe we
should use the emulator so that we use the same pathway for all our v2
targets.

Thanks,
Myles