[coreboot] and/or busybox issue with alix2c3 serial console

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:24:33 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:

> Not to rain on your parade, but the Norwich doesn't use a superio either. :)

The one thing I know for sure is that the way that alix1c connected
interrupts, and the way it set them up, was not a way that Marc
thought made sense. The pc engines bios did things w.r.t. A,B,C,D that
were not "normal" practice. This difference in turn caused some weird
interaction with vsa. The fact that voyage linux sees ttyS0 with irq0
tells me that this is having an effect.

We have a norwich which works (with v3, jordan?) with same chips as
alix. we have two kernels what work with norwich. Jordan, can you send
a boot log of these or at least tell us what irq they think is
associated with com1?

ron