[coreboot] SVN patch commit script

Jordan Crouse jordan at cosmicpenguin.net
Tue Nov 11 22:12:01 CET 2008

In my previous life I had a patch to commit patches directly to the SVN
tree, but I stupidly left it behind.  The good news is that I re-wrote
it (and I think its better now), so I wanted to send it out so that it
could be saved for posterity.

I wrote this script because I use quilt for patch management in the SVN
trees.  Thats really good for me (because quilt is awesome), but it has
a flaw in that if I commit an applied patch to the SVN tree then quilt
gets really confused (as you can expect).  Thats where this script comes
in - I pop all the patches off the tree, and use this script to commit
them and then I just delete them from the quilt stack.  It also lets me
review the log before submitting so I can make sure it was signed/acked off.

So, here is is - if it is useful for you then awesome, if not, then oh,
well.  Suggestions for improvement also welcome.

Jordan