[coreboot] Resource allocation

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 12 16:39:15 CET 2008

Myles Watson wrote:
> Yes.  Instead of having each PNP device in the SuperIO be its own
> device in the dts,

In which dts?

> there is just one ioport device.  That's why all of the PNP devices
> get created as dynamic devices.

I would like the superio dts to express the hardware and have all
LDNs. For simplicity I think it makes sense to have a complete static
definition of superios in dts and not have to do any dynamic probing
of them in a chip that will never change anyway.

The board dts must then say which of these LDNs are actually
implemented. alix1c has no parallell port for example, but has GPIOs.
Desktop boards have some other ports, but not GPIOs.

Dynamic superio probing only makes any sense to me if it can be used
verbatim on each and every superio, which I don't think is the case..
Is that false?

//Peter