[coreboot] ACPI S3

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Wed Nov 12 23:02:45 CET 2008

> Did you do that with e820 ( via the coreboot table)? I think you could reserve the stack area with E820. That would at least give back some of the memory.

Well linux cannot do ACPI reclaim. I simply supplied memory map from CMDline
check the original patch. I had in plan to enable memory hotplug in ACPI so it
would gain back the memory.

> It also looks like we need a s3 aware CAR

Yes please check mine second link. There was lengthy discussion. I dont know how
is it now but imho when CAR is not flushed back to main memory we have no problem?

> Libo and Co. are working on  the dbm690t platform  K8 revf/g and rs690/sb600.
Thanks,

Rudolf