[coreboot] Resource allocation

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:20:22 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:14 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, this is very, very close.
>
> But: you don't need these I think:
> +       floppyconf = "0";
>
> Why? because the dt compiler merges the values of the mainboard dts
> and the superio dts to produce the statictree.c In other words, if you
> don't set anything in the
> mainboard dts entry for ioport at 2e, then the struct will get the
> default values. Any values over-ridden by the mainboard dts get
> changed, but nothing else does.

Given sane defaults this probably makes sense.  In my mind I was seeing
someone wanting to set the port address but not enable the device, and
someone else not wanting to set the port address.  I realize that my code
didn't make this happen, but it would be easy to add, and I meant to.

If that case is not important, then I'll rip out the conf stuff.

Thanks,
Myles