[coreboot] How to find out "page size" of a flash chip?

FENG Yu Ning fengyuning1984 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 08:02:59 CET 2008

I have dug into more documentation, and found partial answer.

I am only considering SST flash chips. From the SST Product Selection
Guide, among various flash memories(Series 27,37,28,29,25), only
SST29xE featured with page-by-page write operations, with a page size
of 128 bytes.

Questions:
1. How do we decide the page-sizes of other SST(and other vendors)
flash chips, which have no page mechanism?
2. Since we operate the flash chips (in case of ich) with
ich_spi_read/write, which in turn call ich_spi_read/write_page, what
happens to those chips without a page-read/write operation? I am going
to investigate the source code and data sheets further, but it is
appreciated if anyone familiar with this tell me directly (and it
would guide me through the investigation).

Thanks,
yu ning