[coreboot] qemu emulation quirks: legacy memory attributes

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Oct 1 21:05:43 CEST 2008

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I have an impression that qemu is used quite extensively for
> coreboot code testing.

I think that's exaggerating. qemu is handy, but in general testing is
not our strong suit. Also, qemu is only useful for testing coreboot
code that is not board-specific, and that code is often already
better understood/easier than board-specific code. To test
board-specific tricky stuff we need actual hardware or a simulator
like SimNow.

> What do you think about the following:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/30106
> ["register 20h" there should be changed to "register 59h"]

Interesting. It's possible that we've never been bit by this. I'm
also not a big qemu user so I hope others can comment too.

//Peter