[coreboot] lpgcc calling itself

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Oct 2 21:13:54 CEST 2008

On 02/10/08 09:09 +0100, Stephen Crocker wrote:
> I have noticed a problem with lpgcc under Fedora Core 9 when building
> Tint.  Instead of calling gcc, it calls itself.  Looking at the Makefile
> and the script itself, I think I can see why:
>
>  From lpgcc:
> if [ "$CC" != "" ]; then
> DEFAULT_CC=$CC
> else
> DEFAULT_CC=gcc
> fi
>
>  From the tint Makefile:
> CC := $(LIBPAYLOAD_DIR)/bin/lpgcc
>
> Is this a bug in tint or a bug in libpayload?

Attached is a patch to libpayload to fix that problem.  This
patch just removes the entire if statement for now, but we do
need some way to pass a compiler that isn't named 'gcc' to the
script - options for doing that are welcome.

Also, this patch includes a -ldscript option for bayou and
FILO to pass a custom ldscript to the process while retaining
the other lpgcc benefits.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse