[coreboot] alix.2c3 stops at mainboard_pre_payload: done

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:11:31 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Ward Vandewege wrote:
>> There is one thing to make sure; if you use a filo or etherboot
>> payload, you should disable lzma compression (it does not work for
>> those payloads).
>
> My FILO works when lzma compressed, preparsed or not;

finally I got it working!
versions/revisions I use: libpayload r3640, filo r80, coreboot r912
didn't try compression yet but it works for me ONLY with preparsed
payload (and adding it manually, not within coreboot build system)

./build/util/lar/lar -l bios.bin
  normal/option_table (1200 bytes @0x50);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0
  normal/initram/segment0 (5976 bytes @0x550);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0x1015
  normal/stage2/segment0 (194760 bytes, zeroes compressed to 1 bytes
@0x1d00);loadaddress 0x0xd014 entry 0x0x2000
  normal/stage2/segment1 (34752 bytes @0x1d60);loadaddress 0x0x2000
entry 0x0x2000
  normal/stage2/segment2 (6228 bytes @0xa570);loadaddress 0x0xb7c0
entry 0x0x2000
  normal/payload/segment0 (3514056 bytes, zeroes compressed to 1 bytes
@0xbe20);loadaddress 0x0x1096a8 entry 0x0x10007c
  normal/payload/segment1 (38568 bytes @0xbe80);loadaddress 0x0x100000
entry 0x0x10007c
  normal/payload/segment2 (72 bytes @0x15580);loadaddress 0x0x463570
entry 0x0x10007c
  blob/vsa (57504 bytes @0x15610);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0
  bootblock (20480 bytes @0x7b000)
Total size = 165534B 161KB (0x2869e)

comparing to your image I don't have zerofill, does this matter?

one more issue I've noticed: kernel boots fine and seems to work ok
but I don't have serial console anymore.. :( do you have it working on
your alix? what could be the problem?

Roman