[coreboot] alix.2c3 stops at mainboard_pre_payload: done

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Oct 10 18:52:01 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:35:09PM +0300, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> > Note that that image I gave you will not send out much on serial, I reduced
> > the coreboot log level because the alix.2c3 does not have a cmos battery
> > and thus will always default to the hardcoded log level when powered on -
> > and that's set to SPEW right now in the buildrom version. But you should
> > see some output, and then a very quick jump to filo.
> >
> > Now - if your grub.list file on disk does not specify serial, you might not
> > see filo on serial either. Does it?
>
> I can boot my kernel with your image, that's fine (I can see bios, filo and
> kernel messages), but as soon as init starts there is no serial console
> anymore. Very strange. But at the same time no problem with native bios...

Ah! Now we are talking. So your serial works until you hit init.

That is a bit odd. It's entirely possible that coreboot is not doing
something that busybox requires, but that is not required by init/(m)getty on
debian. I'm not sure what that would be though :/

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator