[coreboot] ### ALDO Windows Coreboot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 22:24:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Steve Spano <steve at fl-eng.com> wrote:

>  Hi Folks,
>
> I have an AMD LX800 custom board running coreboot v2 and linux just fine.
>
> We may now want to use coreboot to boot a Windows2000/XP. I have traced
> through the FAQ/lists and assembled this
>
> 1) ALDO embedded with CorebootV3
> 2) Merged in the LX VGA ROM file (64KB) into the blob/vsa folder

When you say you're using ADLO that means you're not using SeaBIOS?  If
you're using the ADLO from the v2 util folder, it's out of date.  The
timeouts are too short for any drive with today's processor speeds.

> My goal right now is to have it recognize a CDROM, install Windows to a 4GB
> Compact Flash (as an IDE slave), and then boot onto the CompactFlash as
> IDE-Master.
>
> I cannot seem to get the CDROM to boot. Nor can I get the comapct flash,
> with a known good linux image, to boot.
>
> I get all the way into ALDO during boot, ALDO finds the CDrom/CF but then
> it seems like it has some issue scanning the ATA bus. It says that
>
> "in13_hardisk:function 2 unmapped device for ELDL=80"

This message is benign.  Even when it finds your CDROM you'll see this
message.

> Also - I assume that ADLO can boot a linux image as well. I believe that's
> what I read?

Should be able to.

Thanks,
Myles