[coreboot] AMD RS690 / SB600 candidate boards with socketed ROM

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:20:27 CEST 2008

I really like the Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3, at least hardware wise, all works
well in linux. Well, aside from the IEEE1394 port, I haven't tried that.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2874&ProductName=GA-MA770-DS3

It also has internal headers for serial and parallel port. BIOS chips are
SPI but rev 2.0 comes with two chips, which is very nice for development,
right?

As for the chipset, it's mainly an evolution from what the 690 is, without
the graphics and with HyperTransport 3.0 support. But that Marc or Jordan
can tell you better.

This is, IMHO, a great chipset to work with since it's widespread and, if
ported, would allow an easy(or easier) port for the 790FX, 790GX and 780G,
which will be Phenom's palls till the middle of next year (if I'm not
mistaken) when they will be replaced by the RS880.

Best regards,

                                  Tiago Marques