[coreboot] Funny boot log in Coreinfo

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 17 23:47:32 CEST 2008

On 17.10.2008 19:46, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 17/10/08 11:29 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
>
>> I haven't looked into the cause yet, but the boot log looks a little "funny"
>> in coreinfo.  At least it's smiling.
>>

> Hmm - that is very unfortunate.  I think we have boot log issues - I have
> also discovered that the bootlog is apparently overwriting the v3
> coreboot tables.  This could be a consequence of that.

Is there any old version where you don't see the issues on qemu?

IIRC K8 has numerous issues in the v3 startup code which can (and
probably will) interfere with printk buffers. I'm currently auditing the
code to hunt all of these problems down. Please don't try using
CONFIG_PRINTK_BUFFER with K8.

By the way, the v3 K8 disable_car() is very broken AFAICS and works only
by sheer luck. Will send details real soon now. Hint: Throwing away the
cache before backing it up is considered harmful. You really don't want
that.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--