[coreboot] patch: unshare pci operations

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:37:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> Long term though, I think we're better off deploying something like
> SeaBIOS and using it to run the option roms.  After all, the option
> rom support is going to need to implement bios calls at some point..

it may well come to that. One issue is that not all environments need
to run option roms.

One rule may be simple: take option ROM support out of coreboot and
leave it in seabios. I am fine with that. It removes a point of
unreliabilty from coreboot and gives it to something else. Seabios has
shown it is very good at this sort of thing.

ron