[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 04:23:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Daniel Lindenaar
<daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu> wrote:
> hmmm it's working partly, it seems. First i did something wrong that skrewed
> up the com port setup, which I fixed. I now get the debug messages I added
> via the serial line, but, strangely, only when i do a (warm) reboot from a
> running linux, not with a cold boot... probably something needs to be set
> that doesn't get set by default on cold reboot.

Not good. Can you send me a copy of your tree or a patch, and a
complete boot log? I've seen the same issue, I just can't remember how
I fixed it at the moment. It's something to do with either the romcc
build parameters or failover code, I can't remember atm. Also, vt8601
is compatible with both c3 and p2/p3, right? Which are you using?

> Anyway, it's the SMBus controller where things go wrong; the log says:
>
> SMBUS controller not found

Check the datasheet, there's probably a bit somewhere in the LPC
controller that enables the smbus controller, you'll need to flip that
first, if you haven't already.

-Corey