[coreboot] wiki account request (for GRUB 2)

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 5 19:02:45 CEST 2008

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 18:45:41 +0200, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
wrote:

>> I've actually been think about FILO alot lately. The code is still
> solid.
>> With libpayload progressing, it would be really cool to see a "FILO 2.0"
>> that is totally revamped with all dependencies on libpayload and all the
>> great things libpayload has to offer. Just something I have been
> pondering
>> lately....
>>

> Yep, that's pretty much where it's going...
>
> FILO might become just the main loop calling libpayload functions and
> painting a nice menu.

Do you mean integrating FILO into libpayload or will the FILO main() still
be seperate code?
I like the "painting a nice menu" part. Maybe with a pretty coreboot logo
too...
While we are on the subject, I was also thinking about how hard would it be
to allocate a small part of flash as a read/write user area for saving boot
options?

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org