[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Sep 7 21:22:06 CEST 2008

> I'd never considered any of this, which shows my cluster bias :-)
>
> OK where do we want v3 reserved memory?

I think we can reserve last MB of RAM, where we will copy coreboot and
stacks/heaps. If anyone is worried about the "waste" of last MB. I think we can
hotplug the memory back to OS through ACPI, got some experimental ASL code, but
kernel panicked. Maybe it is there some glitch.

The tables might not be written for second time, when resuming because they are
there already ;)

The code absolutely _must_ _not_ write to any other memory. No strange AP stacks
in random 0 - 640kb ;)

There is no need for SMM code.

Here is mine v2 suspend/resume
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-January/028787.html