[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 17:42:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> That means we either
> - have to tell gcc that the stack moved in the middle of a function or
> - redesign v3 stage1 completely.
>
> That sucks. Very much.

it's not that hard. You split stage1 in half. I had an implementation
of this at one point until we decided to return from disable_car().

My opinion, then and now, is that NOT returning from disable_car is a
more general solution, which future-proofs us against a stupid future
CPU that could not return from disable_car(). There, I've said it.

ron