[coreboot] Proposed overhaul of the GRUB2 wiki page

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Sep 9 21:54:26 CEST 2008

Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:06:49PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> On 09.09.2008 19:39, Robert Millan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I made a draft that I would like to propose as an overhaul of the GRUB2 wiki
>>> page.  I (ab)used the Talk page so that it can be reviewed from there:
>>>
>>>   http://www.coreboot.org/Talk:GRUB2
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>>

>> Could you please try to merge your written-from-scratch version with the
>> existing version? It makes a lot of sense to keep all the valuable info
>> of the current page in the wiki.
>>

> Can you be more specific?  Do you mean information that is useful for GRUB
> in general (I think I preserved all of it, but I could have missed something),
> or information that is specific to the branch that is no longer maintained?

For example any mention of our much improved IDE driver got lost
completely. No mention of a LARFS driver. Ah, and where's signature
checking?

I know you guys don't think software is free just because it's GPLv3,
but please do not drop the traces of our work from the wiki.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613