[coreboot] Porting coreboot to Intel Atom (Silverthorne) & SCH US15W (Poulsbo) chipset

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Fri Apr 17 18:26:18 CEST 2009

Joseph Smith wrote:

> Hey this is not very encouraging but very discouraging:-(
> But I'm sure Albert Einstein heard heard things like this every day!
> Mansoor, if you want to develop coreboot support for the Atom, I say
> go for it :-)

Supporting Atom on coreboot is (almost) trivial, if one is willing to
use the already supported 945/ICH7 chipset and maybe adapt to 945GSE.
It may actually take more time to set up a development system than do
the few days or a week of porting that the Atom processor may require.

On the other hand, the US15W is likely to consume far more resources
and literally stretch into a 9 month or more project.  The US15W is
not worth the effort, considering all its limitations that I have
previously mentioned.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs