[coreboot] Scan-build errors

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Tue Apr 21 08:29:34 CEST 2009

Am 21.04.2009 05:59, schrieb Myles Watson:
> It looks like many of the scan-build errors are because of missing
> defines.  It doesn't look like scan-build is seeing settings.h.  Would
> that be easy to fix? I think if we remove some of the noise it will be
> more useful.

-include settings.h is a gcc extension to whatever standard to $CC
commands lines there is. I'm aware of that, but don't have a solution
handy right now.
We have a couple of options:
1. special codepath for scan-build in the makefile (basically expanding
settings.h into the command line again)
2. extend clang to know -include
3. pick the right set of include files in the coreboot tree so the
entire build is covered, and include settings.h there.

1. means that there's another hack in the buildsystem, 2. means learning
the clang codebase, 3. is quite volatile...

Oh, and there's 4. report in the clang issue tracker and wait for them
to do it.

Patrick