[coreboot] [v2] r4188 - trunk/coreboot-v2/targets/hp/dl145_g3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:01:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why should there be multiple?

I guess because we intended there to be :-)

Sometimes people want fallback, sometimes not, on the same board.
Other things change. The layout for linux as bootloader is sometimes
wildly different than other types of bootloaders. By setting up
multiple Config.lb files we were trying to show the users that there
was flexibility. If you only have one there, they might think there
can only be one.

> Who do you mean?  I think it should be a habit for users to customize one
> Config.lb.  Having many files makes it hard to keep them updated.  An
> example of that is the Kontron abuild that only builds fallback.  The
> Config.lb builds normal and fallback, so now abuild doesn't check the
> "default" config file's build.

If the user customizes the Config.lb in the targets tree, their
customizations get wiped on the next svn up. Our intent was to make it
easy to copy and modify it. That's why bulidtarget takes either the
directory name (and assumes Config.lb) or a file name.

That said, one could argue that our plans for the use of Config.lb
have not worked out; I'm not going to object too much to what you all
come up with.

Thanks!

ron