[coreboot] i need some help.

Mats Leif Moskopp leifmos at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:26:18 CEST 2009

hello

i'm sorry about my english - perhaps it is one reason why i did't succed
with the manuals in the internet.
i have a debian system and i can't use some features like the
brightness-fn-keys or the system beep.
so i tried to install a linux bios on my laptop - thats what i'm thinking
flashrom is doing, isn't it? (i tried to understand the targets of
http://linuxbios.org/)

so when i run flashrom i receive the following lines:
*
**africa:/home/mats# flashrom *
*Calibrating delay loop... OK.*
*No coreboot table found.*
*Found chipset "Intel ICH8M", enabling flash write... OK.*
*No EEPROM/flash device found.*
*If you know which flash chip you have, and if this version of flashrom*
*supports a similar flash chip, you can try to force read your chip. Run:*
*flashrom -f -r -c similar_supported_flash_chip filename*

*Note: flashrom can never write when the flash chip isn't found
automatically.*

Whats wrong?

I have an Intel Crestline GM965/GL960+ICH8M Chipset.
Is flashrom the right way for the things, which my BIOS doesn't do at the
moment?
Can you please help me?

Greetings from Berlin
Mats Moskopp