[coreboot] Change to use CBFS - Help needed

Harrison, Jon (SELEX GALILEO, UK) jon.harrison at selexgalileo.com
Mon Aug 17 18:56:45 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I could use a pointer to some CBFS info, to get the Via epia-n build
running again since the change to use CBFS was mandated.

Before CBFS buildrom gave me a 384K coreboot.rom which, when
concatenated with vga.bin and bochs.bin gave me my 512k
coreboot.final.bin for programming.

I see from the CBFS page on coreboot.org that there is provision for
option roms, but no description of how to include them. I can't see any
description of how the other config options are utilised when
CONFIG_CBFS == 1.

Can someone either tell directly me how to build a 512k CBFS image that
has::

0x00000 --> --------------------
		|     VGA BIOS     |
0x10000 --> --------------------
		|    BOCHS BIOS    |
0x20000 --> --------------------
            |     PAYLOAD      |
            |        +         |
            |     COREBOOT     |
            |        +         |
            |       FREE       |
0x7FFFF --> --------------------

Or point to a good example to get started from.

I guess something needs to be added to targets/via/epia-n/Config.lb ??

..
..
romimage "fallback"
	option COREBOOT_EXTRA_VERSION = "-epia_n-fallback"
	payload ../../../../../payloads/filo/filo.elf
end
..
..

Thanks,
Jon
SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132