[coreboot] vga not working

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Mon Aug 17 20:04:44 CEST 2009

ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Arnaud Maye<arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com> wrote:
>

>> Ideally we want this to operate with the card connected where the card is
>> actually connected to.
>>

> And that can not be determined from hardware, right? has to be set in
> a Config.lb.
>
> ron

Actually it should work because in devices\device.c is the
set_vga_bridge_bits() function. This function
scans all the devices for PCI_BASE_CLASS_DISPLAY and
PCI_CLASS_DISPLAY_OTHER. So
I guess 00.02.00 or 00.03.00 should be assigned with the
PCI_BRIDGE_CTL_VGA as it will be the
first found.

Now in the PCIe init function, the code pointed by Myles would be
correct. Actually the device with
PCI_BRIDGE_CTL_VGA set gets BCTRL.VGAEN flag set.

I think it should be ok, right?

Arnaud

*
*