[coreboot] vga not working

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Wed Aug 19 09:27:10 CEST 2009

Hello Ron,

Well I've made the patch, added a 13100 specific
pci_bus_enable_resources in pciexp_porta.c and modified
the pcie_ops structure accordingly. Am not sure this should be enough.
Actually these specific functions are never called.
pcie_init() part of the initial port is not called as well. I've placed
a few printk_debug and I do not see them on
the log. And yeah I did buildtarget, make clean, make. Any idea what
could go wrong here?

Actually the code in pci_device.c is setting the correct register in the
bridges, just the value is incorrect. I am
currently checking legacy vs coreboot lspci dumps and investigate
differences by differences. It is setting the
ISA IO/MEM forwarding bit and we do not want this to happen. If we do
that we have to set the other
bridges as well. This is related to the 10bit address decoding.

Another thing I did see is that in fact, I do not have VGA working at
all. The screen gets correct display at the
moment Linux loads the GFX driver. So right now checking the system
memory mapping legacy vs coreboot
to ensure the required holes are present.

Thank you,

Arnaud

ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:04 PM, ron minnich<rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have this bad feeling that we never converged on answering the question.
>>
>> Arnaud, did you see that you would want to extend the various
>>

> i3100-specific enable_resources
>
> Sorry, left that "i3100" part out.
>

>>  functions to correctly set up the VGA control bit on
>> your various bridges? Or should we continue this discussion.
>>

> ron

*
*