[coreboot] Converting epia-n build to SeaBIOS

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Sun Aug 23 09:10:17 CEST 2009

Am 23.08.2009 02:05, schrieb Kevin O'Connor:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 04:15:10PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
>> On 8/22/09 3:54 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>>
>>> I think hardware irq support is needed for keyboard.
>>>

>> What's required for this? Just set up an IRQ for the USB device and add
>> a 16bit intXX handler?

Sorry I chime in so late. Do you need the hardware irq support to
prevent losing events? If so, the USB stack takes care of it:
The keyboard driver prepares a schedule of configurable length in
advance. By default, it's setup that this schedule is able to survive at
least 200 msecs, and that could be increased, so we won't need the
~1msec resolution. And even if not, the USB HID only sends data every
10msec, if I remember correctly.

Patrick