[coreboot] vga not working

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:36:54 CEST 2009

> So by following your advices I could get my function called. I had no
> time to retrieve the current
> sources patch from the development board, but basically I've pretty much
> got same settings and
> status as the legacy BIOS does.
I'm glad that worked for you.

> Unfortunately, I still cannot get a VGA output. I start to get coherent
> graphic output as soon Linux
> loads the driver, but not before that.
>
> Would you guys have a few additional pointers I could check?

I would look in targets/intel/truxton/truxton/fallback/ldoptions

Check the values of CONFIG_VGA, CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA...

maybe
cat targets/intel/truxton/truxton/fallback/ldoptions | grep VGA
cat targets/intel/truxton/truxton/fallback/ldoptions | grep ROM

make sure that you have it configured as you expect.

If that doesn't help, send the log file and ldoptions to the list.

Thanks,
Myles