[coreboot] Two fixes for your patch

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Mon Aug 24 22:03:26 CEST 2009

On Monday 24 August 2009 21:40:38 Myles Watson wrote:
> >> I changed the prototype for hard_reset in
> >> src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/amdk8_f.h to:
> >> #include <part/hard_reset.h>
> >
> > Does this mean that you added this line to the file?
> > If yes, the compiler error stays here the same.
>
> Interesting.  Our trees must have diverged somewhere.
>
> > But as mentioned right now on the irc channel I wonder why there is no
> > "CC mcp55_reset.o" in the log, and also such a file doesn't exist in the
> > build/ directory after a "failing" make.
>
> I think that's because it fails before it gets there.  As I looked
> further, I think the root of the problem is that HAVE_HARD_RESET isn't
> set correctly.
>
> If you grep -Ir HAVE_HARD build, it comes up as 0.  Maybe that's
> because you have it as a bool with 1 for the default?
>
> Changing it to y fixes it for me.  HAVE_HIGH_TABLES has the same problem.
YESS! That's one of the problems on my patch!
This fixes the error according this hard_reset problem.

As you mentioned that, I also corrected the ACPI_TABLES setting and it seems
that there is some more stuff to do/add to get it compiled with ACPI support.
But the image without ACPI support builds now fine!

I'll investigate this tomorrow and send a working & cleaned up patch to the
list.

> I think the correct thing is to #include <part/hard_reset.h> and
> remove the prototype, but I think the correct value for
> HAVE_HARD_RESET will also fix the problem.
>
> Good luck,
I had good luck,
Thanks!

> Myles