[coreboot] socket 940 Kconfig

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:40:50 CEST 2009

> >  Move common files from socket_F,
> > socket_AM2, and socket_940 into model_fxx.
>
> This may be good for this model and set of sockets but may be a
> problem in general. If some future socket includes both model_fxx, AND
> includes some other model, is there any problem that may occur if the
> subdirs-y for some directories are executed twice?

I think it should be pushed even farther down the tree and then that
wouldn't be a problem either.  Lets say that we had a "generic Pentium+"
config, then we could source that from almost any socket, and nothing would
be included twice.  There should be no boards with two sockets, right?

> Remember, you are not only setting up sockets/models for one part of
> one cpu family, you are setting up a pattern which others will follow.
> Be very careful about that!
I was trying, but I've had several missteps.

> If there is no problem, I guess this change is ok. I'm not that
> comfortable with it, however.
You can revert it or tell me to.

Thanks,
Myles