[coreboot] AMD 690/SB600 ACPI bug?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 27 06:17:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

I read through the AMD 690/SB600 ACPI code and saw that
src/mainboard/amd/pistachio/acpi/dsdt.asl
src/mainboard/amd/dbm690t/acpi/dsdt.asl
src/mainboard/technexion/tim8690/acpi/dsdt.asl
all read STB5 from PCIe config space and then use the result as address
of the SATA BAR5 without any proper bitmasking. For non-prefetchable
32-bit memory BARs this is OK, but if the BAR is either 64-bit or
prefetchable or not memory, accesses to BAR5 will be screwed up.

Comments are appreciated. I think that SATA BAR5 is 32-bit no-prefetch
memory, but since SATA does not work if I boot with 4 GB RAM, I'm pretty
paranoid about everything related to 32/64 bit issues.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/