[coreboot] SeaBIOS and USB?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Aug 28 04:55:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

The 2009 GSOC is winding down.  I'd like to get some feedback on what
people's plans are for USB support.

The GSOC experience demonstrated both some successes and challanges.
I believe Jason was able to launch some executables with the code
which demonstrates that it can work.  However, there were some issues
with memory management.

Besides the direct issue of not reserving the rom's memory, the memory
needed is also an issue.  The usbrom itself is just squeezing into
128K and it looks like it needs an additional 1M of working memory.
In practice, I don't think the USB bootup code should use more than
30K of option rom space or more than 20K of reserved memory.

Anyway, it would be helpful to hear from those that are planning to
work in this area and the work that they are planning.

Thanks,
-Kevin