[coreboot] Biostar M6TLD

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Dec 3 03:26:12 CET 2009

Maciej Pijanka wrote:
> I have biostar M6TLD, it survives already raminit, patch is in
> attachment, also log from boot and config.

Nice work so far!

> Payload is uncompressed since i had problems with error in
> decompression from lzma,

What errors did you get?

> and current payload is coreinfo.
>
> Machine reboots at point indicated in log but only difference
> between next loops is like that one below, diff between two
> restarts from same log.
>
>  Jumping to image.
>  coreboot-2.3 Thu Dec  3 00:30:36 CET 2009 booting...
>  Calibrating delay loop...
> -end 1ee10434f, start 1c570413d
> +end 2c5cfc8a0, start 29d2fc6b1
>  32-bit delta 650
>  calibrate_tsc 32-bit result is 650
>  clocks_per_usec: 650

This difference makes sense if it is using something like RDTSC to
calibrate. It runs from power on, so will be higher after a reset.

> Anyone has idea how to debug why it restarts?

I think the problem may be that RAM is not completely functional.
Decompression needs RAM, and the payload also needs RAM.

Did you try calling the very simple ram_check() function to test your
RAM configuration? And how does the RAM configuration done by
coreboot compare with that done by the factory BIOS?

//Peter