[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 06:43:06 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Jonathan Rogers <jonathanrrogers at gmail.com
> > wrote:

>> place.
>> > Did you check with hexdump to make sure it was effective?
>>
>> I now realize that the hexdump you sent is not the same as the one
>> Rudolph Marek did. Mine matches yours, so that's wrong I guess. I had
>> applied your patch, but I'm not sure where those last 128 bytes are
>> supposed to come from.
>>
> That's good to realize.  Try reverting romstrap.inc and romstrap.lds to
> 3110 since that one gets farther.

I just looked, and those files haven't changed since then.  At least you can
compare the last 128 bytes from that image with your latest.  As I read the
file, it all looks correct.  The table is there and the pointer to it is
intact.

Is it jumping to the "normal" image somehow?  Since there is no normal image
that would be bad.

Myles