[coreboot] Serial Debugging.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Dec 5 23:54:20 CET 2009

David Houston wrote:
> I have finally got round to making myself a IDC Serial header for
> debugging purposes.

Which board are you working with?

> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968 <--- would it be
> ok to get a male to female converter for this adapter and will it
> still work ok with coreboot?

You can connect that to a laptop or other modern PC without a serial
port, in order to get a serial port which applications can use. You
also need a cross-over serial cable, not just a gender changer.

However, that USB thing is only useful on the host system, where you
do development, compiling, save logs, and so on. It is not useful on
the target side. There you must have an onboard serial port.

//Peter