[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:12:40 CET 2009

> This board has 4 sockets but only 2 are populated with 1GB dimms each. Could
> the other empty two sockets be the device error, which is generated by the
> smbus_wait_until_ready function?  But why would it say that there is no
> memory at all?
I don't know.

> Yet another question, I can see PRINT_DEBUG in vt8237r_early_smbus.c but i
> can't see them on the serial although I have the highest message level. Why?

I think you're on the right track.

from vt8237r.h:

#if DEBUG_SMBUS == 1
#define PRINT_DEBUG(x)		print_debug(x)
#define PRINT_DEBUG_HEX16(x)	print_debug_hex16(x)
#else
#define PRINT_DEBUG(x)
#define PRINT_DEBUG_HEX16(x)
#endif

I'm guessing that DEBUG_SMBUS is not 1.  Change it to #if 1 and recompile.

Thanks,
Myles