[coreboot] VIA EDEN ESP (C3) + Apollo CLE266(VT8623) + VT8237R + W83627HG

Andrej Skirn andrejskirn at celestials.net
Tue Dec 8 10:10:34 CET 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> On 12/8/09 12:58 AM, Andrej Skirn wrote:
>

>> Presently, my main problem seems to be that the
>> northbridge/via/vt8623/raminit.h does not define a mem_controller
>> struct required by the southbridge code, so the north- and southbridge
>> code don't seem to be clearly delimited.
>>
> try completely commenting out smbus_fixup...

Thanks from the quick reply. The code does indeed compile if I undef out
the smbus_fixup() function in suthbridge/via/vt8237r_early_smbus.c, or
use the cn400 raminit.h with the mem_controller definition and don't
call the smbus_fixup() function. But from the comments it would seem
like that's something I might need. Also judging from the code I should
be getting console output starting from console_init(), before any of
the smbus operations, but as of yet I'm not seeing anything. I will try
to track activity on LPC bus, but if someone has experience/working code
for similar platform it would save a lot of effort.