[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:22:30 CET 2009

> I tried pushing the stuck to 2000 4000 and even 20000 but nothing it still
> stucks at the same place: setting up some printk I found out that it hangs :
>
> void pci_write_config16(device_t dev, unsigned where, uint16_t val)
> {
>     struct bus *pbus = get_pbus(dev);
>     ops_pci_bus(pbus)->write16(pbus, dev->bus->secondary,
> dev->path.pci.devfn, where, val);  <<<<<< HERE!!
> }

I think your problem is earlier.  This just happens to be where it catches
up with you.

> btw, what do you mean by memory problem because as I said before I already
> switched my dimms whithout any results.

I meant that it's possible that RAM is not initialized correctly.  Sometimes
cache will get you a long ways.

> I attached the whole boot sequence.

Thanks.  The device enumeration looks wrong.  There are a lot of devices
that are found, and  there are a lot of sequences like this:

Capability: type 0x10 @ 0x58
Capability: type 0x01 @ 0x50
Capability: type 0x10 @ 0x58
Capability: type 0x01 @ 0x50
Capability: type 0x10 @ 0x58
Capability: type 0x01 @ 0x50

Could you send an lspci -tvnn of your board?

I really appreciate your help, thx!

No problem.
Myles