[coreboot] How do I configure coreboot at runtime?

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Mon Dec 14 17:02:13 CET 2009

On Sunday 13 December 2009 20:52:19 Ikem Krueger wrote:
> Hi folks. I'm curious. How do I configure coreboot at runtime? I mean,
> is there a gui like I know from BIOS or EFI?

No, there is at the moment no such UI for coreboot directly.
Seabios offers, as far as I know the possibility to change the boot device at
"runtime". I don't know if Seabios saves that changes to CMOS or if it looses
that setting after a fresh boot.

But do you need such a configuration (except the boot device)?
As most of the hardware initialization is done by the operating system
hardware drivers, I don't see a real *need* for configuring coreboot after
compile-time.

Kind regards,
Harald